linemantoolbox
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Power Analyzers

3 posters

Go down

Power  Analyzers  Empty Power Analyzers

Post  Highplains Drifter Thu Sep 27, 2012 9:08 pm

Just got done using the Eagle 440 and what a wonderful tool for analyzing what is going on in an area of question. Just hook it up to your USB port and transfer the data that was collected to your laptop. This was the first time I ever used this and I was amazed especially with its built in CTs for its power source and the smallness of the unit. It sure doesn’t take up any room. What everyone else using?

http://www.powermonitors.com/product/detail/eagle-440
Highplains Drifter
Highplains Drifter

Back to top Go down

Power  Analyzers  Empty Re: Power Analyzers

Post  topgroove Fri Sep 28, 2012 2:59 pm

Nice.... We usually write those complaints up for meter and test if we cant find a problem. They have a recorder that plugs into the meter channel and than the meter piggie backs onto that.
topgroove
topgroove

Back to top Go down

Post  Highplains Drifter Sat Sep 29, 2012 6:46 am

The reason this is being used is to record a 3 phase bank of 50s, just making sure there are no elevators that are being used on this bank. Getting ready to run the customers off of a 400kw Cat generator and do not want any surprises, since this is a three day Clearance that they will be powered from the generator.
Highplains Drifter
Highplains Drifter

Back to top Go down

Post  rcdallas Tue Oct 02, 2012 1:40 am

I can't think of the brand, but we have two; one for single phase like what Dave was describing and another big ol honker that we'll use on 3 phase.

Really we won't set a recorder unless the customer pays for it or it's a high profile customer. With all the other tools available it really isn't that necessary. I can pull up feeder trips, outage run backs, current and past substation data, etc, etc.

Now with the "smart meters" being able to identify power quality issues in the beta stage the recorders will soon be a thing of the past.

I have a voltage recorder recording on another computer...if I remember I'll post up an image of what one looks like.
rcdallas
rcdallas

Back to top Go down

Post  rcdallas Wed Oct 03, 2012 10:41 pm

Here's a few graphs from one earlier this year for those who don't know what they look like...

Power  Analyzers  Pm110

Power  Analyzers  Pm210

Power  Analyzers  Pm310
rcdallas
rcdallas

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down