linemantoolbox
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Fairly Large Power outage in India

3 posters

Go down

Fairly Large Power outage in India Empty Fairly Large Power outage in India

Post  CanadianLineman Tue Jul 31, 2012 11:19 am

A mere 600,000,000 (yes 600 million) people are out of power in India today. The cascading effect has taken out 3 major grids creating the world's largest power outage.

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/news/world/second-massive-blackout-leaves-600-million-without-power-in-india/article4451211/

There's one for ya, EL. I hear they're waiting for you at the airport.
CanadianLineman
CanadianLineman

http://www.shotgunsbc.ca

Back to top Go down

Fairly Large Power outage in India Empty Re: Fairly Large Power outage in India

Post  rcdallas Tue Jul 31, 2012 1:02 pm

CanadianLineman wrote:A mere 600,000,000 (yes 600 million) people are out of power in India today. The cascading effect has taken out 3 major grids creating the world's largest power outage.

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/news/world/second-massive-blackout-leaves-600-million-without-power-in-india/article4451211/

There's one for ya, EL. I hear they're waiting for you at the airport.

Yeah I seen that yesterday; their imbreed infrastructure can't handle the load. Now wouldn't that be a nice place to work...probably see them jokers using wire rope on their boom trucks in energized primary--shit that's C.W. Wright and Pike Rolling Eyes stiring the pot
rcdallas
rcdallas

Back to top Go down

Post  topgroove Tue Jul 31, 2012 5:29 pm

so does this mean those telemarketers who I can't ever understand anyway won't be calling the house every hour for awhile?
topgroove
topgroove

Back to top Go down

Post  rcdallas Wed Aug 01, 2012 12:36 am

That's a good point Dave...awwww the piece and quiet Wink

Could you imagine the chaos going on with that? Just watching IRT Deadliest roads out there was my decision maker on taking a vacation out there Laughing
rcdallas
rcdallas

Back to top Go down

Post  CanadianLineman Wed Aug 01, 2012 1:34 am

Sounds like they have more trouble than a good lineman with a handline and a pocket full of quick sleeve will handle easily. Perhaps Dave and his trouble truck can put 'er all up in a up in a week or so. Could always get one of those on the phone techies to help ya through. Twisted Evil

India is a huge country with most of the generation in the north and well over 1/2 the population in the centre and south. I was there when they crossed the 1 billion population mark in 97 so 60% of the entire country population is without power.

Here's the danger and it has been setting itself up for decades. I was just wondering who would suffer it first. Is this it or will it come later?

As populations grow and more and more the citizens are reliant on refrigerator - deep freezers in particular - to make sure we have massive amounts of food available the danger lies in a super cascading outage can take out the grids for a week or even a month or more. What then?? Without power there is no fuel for diesel generators even if there were enough to keep our food from spoiling. Can you imagine the entire grid - once it is all tied in as it is only the eastern and western grid right now - collapsing in a cascade effect shutting down all of Canada and the USA for 14 days?? It has happened in a much smaller - yea right All The Eastern sea board once and twice for the West - but it was not any longer than a few days. Think of about something that extends more than 14 days in July or August like most areas in NA are now experiencing.

We would loose 80 to 90% of our entire food supply and that is an extended food supply that can last a year or more that we rely on.

Now think of what a weapon that would be if a country can control it all with a single laptop and all the scada control codes for a few key ties.

When I was in San Diego I worked with a guy who had worked in almost every major utility on the West Coast and he was both a lineman and operator by trade.

Make a good novel wouldn't it if it wasn't too scary putting that kind of information in the hands of some lunatic.

Na, we just have to wait for ALL the grids in North America to be tied together. Our system isn't in perfect shape. Twisted Evil
CanadianLineman
CanadianLineman

http://www.shotgunsbc.ca

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down