linemantoolbox
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Customer getting shocked stories

2 posters

Go down

Customer getting shocked stories Empty Customer getting shocked stories

Post  rcdallas Mon Mar 12, 2012 10:21 pm

I've been working trouble for a year now. Had quite a bit of exposure, but definitely haven't seen it all. I enjoy getting calls at 3 am and finding hot primary down in the pouring down ran and the given situation and take the appropriate steps to get it back in the air. I'm still waiting to come across things like a bed step in a regulator.

One I had last night came in as customer getting shocked in his driveway. I talk to him and find out a little more. I asked him where...so I walk there and I put my light on a 345kV line above my head. I knew it was humid out. Simple - induction.

I'd like to hear some stories that involve some underground with people getting shocked while in the shower or swimming pool and how you determined where the problem was. Along with anything else in that nature. I know a few of you have some stuff buried up there. Time to pull out the shovel.

rcdallas
rcdallas

Back to top Go down

Customer getting shocked stories Empty Underground neutral.

Post  wtdoor67 Fri Mar 16, 2012 6:50 pm

We had one once that involved the underground neutral going bad on a feeder exit. It was old and 4 KV. The primary was OH but the neutral had been buried from the last span into the sub. Customer's chain link fence would shock you and periodically the grass would catch on fire near the fence. We just put a piece of OH wire into the sub and cured the problem. Sortof a stupid setup I thought.

wtdoor67

Back to top Go down