linemantoolbox
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

ARCOS implementation

4 posters

Go down

ARCOS implementation Empty ARCOS implementation

Post  336arod Thu Jan 31, 2013 3:47 pm

For the utility hands, our company is getting arcos(automated response call out system or some such bs.) Anyway I'm sure they're going to want a minimum percentage of calls taken and all that. I know many utilities have this for a long time. Just wondering if there's anything in particular we should be watching out for, contract language in particular? Thanks.

336arod

Back to top Go down

ARCOS implementation Empty Re: ARCOS implementation

Post  admin Fri Feb 01, 2013 8:49 am

We've been using arcos for about 15 years now. You can bet money they're gonna track your call out responce. Watch out for how they word your next labor aggreement. They will probebly try and slip in a 25% minimum responce, or something. Those who fall under the minimum might not be eligble for out of town storms. They might even threaten dicsipline. There are a few tricks with arcos. If your allready on property working and they run a call out, go ahead and accept the call. You can allways call regional controll and say opps. It will pad your numbers.

admin
Admin

https://linemantoolbox.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  MI-Lineman Tue Feb 05, 2013 12:33 am

We've had it for about 6 years or so and yes just in our last contract they got a minimum call out %, 35% a quarter for "normal" call outs and 50% from June to June for storms. Of course the co. abuses the %'s and has yet to keep the numbers straight but right away tried disciplining employees for allegedly not meeting the requirements. This has brought about more grievances and hardship among employees that of course the general public sees as Union members whining again. Rolling Eyes Our Union claims they do not "negotiate" discipline but it's right in the language they supposedly bargained we can be disciplined AND not meeting the "storm" requirement is considered a major offense! Evil or Very Mad It's bullsh!t and NO Union that claims to have brought about "weekends, holidays, better lives for members and their families, etc., etc.," should EVER allow this type of language in it's contracts!! We were barely in our second year of a 5 year deal and they were trying to get our Union to renegotiate to a hight storm % of 85%!

STAY STRONG AND KEEP IT OUT OF YOUR CONTRACT!!!

MI-Lineman
MI-Lineman

Back to top Go down

Post  Bluestreak Tue Feb 05, 2013 1:19 pm

Couple of the good things about technology caller ID and answering machines, couldn't gig me for a call out if I wasn't home and didn't answer the phone they used to bitch about me not answering a 2 am phone call I would tell them I was out and if they wanted me to respond better then they could pay me standby pay like they used to. Now its a free for all, makes it hard to keep the list balanced.

Bluestreak

Back to top Go down

Post  MI-Lineman Wed Feb 06, 2013 11:21 pm

Getting an answering machine or no answer at all counts as a "no" response here! Rolling Eyes
MI-Lineman
MI-Lineman

Back to top Go down

Post  admin Thu Feb 07, 2013 10:49 am

Same here mike. My barn has never had a problem with callout responce. One dirty trick a couple guys would do was. After you figure out who takes the calls and who dosent,,,, they would let arcos skip by them and time how long the system spends on each man. That way they could call back arcos, enter their pin and accept the call just before the other guy accepted the call .

That way , the next arcos callout ,,,the poor guy who got screwed , got fucked again because arcos will start up past him.

admin
Admin

https://linemantoolbox.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum