linemantoolbox
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Newest Toy

3 posters

Go down

Newest Toy Empty Newest Toy

Post  rcdallas Tue Jan 31, 2012 1:18 am

Here's a pic of my latest toy. The thing sat locked up in a room for a couple of months...took another month so I could get someone out there on how to use this thing.

It's a radar...ideally to be used with a thumper but I think I'll use it on secondary....not really too saavy on radars so the learning will begin in a couple of days when the people come out and show me how to use the thing.........FINALLY!!!!!!!!!!!

Newest Toy Photo111
rcdallas
rcdallas

Back to top Go down

Newest Toy Empty Re: Newest Toy

Post  topgroove Tue Jan 31, 2012 1:32 am

Damn... I'ld love to have that. We still have to call meter and test to thump and locate. Takes forever to get them out on a burn-up.
topgroove
topgroove

Back to top Go down

Post  rcdallas Tue Jan 31, 2012 1:36 am

oh really? what kinda chik-N-chit operation you running over there??? j/k

I also have this other device called an ez-restore made by the same people that make that radar. It's kinda bulky but it can fit in a bin of a truck....it basically just tells you if the cable is bad or not it'll radar as well.

I have these digital phasing sticks that will DC hi pot but I havent used them yet. kinda a pain to setup with those...but it's there if I need it.

or refuse and park! feeder trips na!!
rcdallas
rcdallas

Back to top Go down

Post  rcdallas Tue Jan 31, 2012 1:38 am

oh...on that radar it's not really good for stand alone on primary faults. if it's a high resistance fault such as a pin hole where the cable will hold say 4kv before it faults it won't work.
rcdallas
rcdallas

Back to top Go down

Post  topgroove Tue Jan 31, 2012 1:40 am

I'm just gonna have to drag-up and join your company. I'm lucky I have a super beast on the truck. Big ticket items are kinda hard to come by. Embarassed
topgroove
topgroove

Back to top Go down

Post  rcdallas Tue Jan 31, 2012 1:42 am

hair dryer baby!!! had one for the longest time...when I first seen a super beast I was like what? there's some apprentice openings right now if you want in pirat
rcdallas
rcdallas

Back to top Go down

Post  hotwiretamer Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:30 am

We have a "First Responder" too. It only is used when it is a long run of URD with multiple xfmrs.

The small stuff we just test as we move go through each trans. It is a nice tool though! Sometimes it will give phony reads if it is a run with a lot of splices. Sometimes it will read splices as xfmr's and will mess you up a bit. I try and pay attention to the footage rather than how many pots out the fault is!
hotwiretamer
hotwiretamer

http://www.bellsellshavasu.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum