linemantoolbox
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Will Anyone Hire a CDL less Journeyman Lineman

3 posters

Go down

Will Anyone Hire a CDL less Journeyman Lineman Empty Will Anyone Hire a CDL less Journeyman Lineman

Post  Ace2335 Tue Mar 05, 2013 11:24 am

If there's any helpful information out it will be greatly appreciated.

Ace2335

Back to top Go down

Will Anyone Hire a CDL less Journeyman Lineman Empty Re: Will Anyone Hire a CDL less Journeyman Lineman

Post  topgroove Tue Mar 05, 2013 7:06 pm

First I have to ask... Did you lose your CDL because of DWI or a medical condition? If that's the case your best bet would be some rat outfit that's desperate for an experienced hand. Utilities and the big contractors will not be willing to take a chance like that .
topgroove
topgroove

Back to top Go down

Will Anyone Hire a CDL less Journeyman Lineman Empty Re: Will Anyone Hire a CDL less Journeyman Lineman

Post  Ace2335 Wed Mar 06, 2013 6:39 am

It's because a DWI charge. I do know a ton of lineman that were hired with DWI's on their records, but of course the employer basically hires who they want in most cases. An that's as far as I know after the suspension was lifted and the employee was able to at least obtain the CDL endorsement before their probation was up. I'm currently in suspension an in need of work anywhere I can really if anyone be willing just allow me to work despite being no CDL.

Ace2335

Back to top Go down

Post  Lineforeman^DonkSC Fri Mar 15, 2013 10:58 pm

Well, unfortunately we have gone to a strict policy of clean driving records as well as tightening up tremendously on any alcohol related issues. After losing some very valuable linemen to alcohol issues our Coop has dropped the Hammer! The thought is we serve the consumers and represent the company on and off the clock! DUI can happen to any, Lord knows I was lucky as a younger fella. I hope you can get it cleared up or possibly find a contractor willing to give you a shot! Be SAFE!

Lineforeman^DonkSC

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down