linemantoolbox
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

PNM - New Mexico

2 posters

Go down

PNM - New Mexico Empty PNM - New Mexico

Post  rcdallas Wed Nov 28, 2012 7:42 pm

Anybody have any 411 on PNM ? I know their LU 611 other than that I don't know much of anything about them.
rcdallas
rcdallas

Back to top Go down

PNM - New Mexico Empty Re: PNM - New Mexico

Post  MI-Lineman Sun Dec 02, 2012 12:19 pm

N.M., isn't that further away from Michigan??
MI-Lineman
MI-Lineman

Back to top Go down

Post  rcdallas Sun Dec 02, 2012 9:41 pm

It's over yonder a block or two Wink

Laid back atmosphere, mountains in the landscape...gravel instead of grass in your yard--looked over their contract and actually looks pretty good--clean and simple with straight forward language.

GREAT LAKES ENERGY WOULD BE NICE....Oh so would DTE or Consumers but something tells me they just want to grow their own journeymen, that or you just have the grease the right palms BDT

I HAVEN'T SEEN ONE, NOT ONE STINKING POSTING FOR THEM IN OVER 5 YEARS !
rcdallas
rcdallas

Back to top Go down

Post  MI-Lineman Sun Dec 02, 2012 11:25 pm

rcdallas™️ wrote:It's over yonder a block or two Wink

Laid back atmosphere, mountains in the landscape...gravel instead of grass in your yard--looked over their contract and actually looks pretty good--clean and simple with straight forward language.

GREAT LAKES ENERGY WOULD BE NICE....Oh so would DTE or Consumers but something tells me they just want to grow their own journeymen, that or you just have the grease the right palms BDT

I HAVEN'T SEEN ONE, NOT ONE STINKING POSTING FOR THEM IN OVER 5 YEARS !

Nah the smurfs don't want any Journeyman!! Banging head against
MI-Lineman
MI-Lineman

Back to top Go down

Post  rcdallas Thu Dec 06, 2012 9:29 pm

Smurfette is hot and your not tongue

5 years ago they we're forecasting I think it was about 50% of the journeymen we're eligible for retirement in the next 4-6 years. Well we are pretty damn close to that time present day. I wonder what they have to say about that now?

People retiring in your company?

My supervisor has been with the company for 46 years and is retiring in the next 5 months; the man is smart, one helluva boss. Now I remember him having a conversation before where he was saying that if companies want to reduce the workforce then you have to have better equipment--you can short change one of them but not both.

My company is less people but has better equipment.

Where does your company stand? What approach did they take?

I read this article over the weekend where it talked about unions. It started off as this guy never liked the idea of unions as it does things like creating a us vs them atmosphere or equality that isn't right when jack puts out while johnny picks his nose.

Later in the article he explained how present day he has a 180 difference view of labor unions now where unions help the economy. Companies like to maximize their profit, pinch every bean they can to give back. Our executives just got a $17 million dollar bonus while the rest of us get industry standard 3%. Unions help keep companies in check by having the company invest in their employees and such where now the people put that money back in the economy.

Short term the companies are making a quick buck and they've been doing that for years now; well now we are to the point where its having a negative effect on the economy. Long term companies need to invest in their people/infastructure/whatever instead of shipping it elsewhere.

I suppose I'm starting to stray from where I first started here but nonetheless this penny pinching not hiring is going to have a long term impact somewhere with what we do. The fly by night contract ratty ass companies paying their employees $15-$20 an hour with little OJT training combined with 4 weeks of schooling ain't gonna cut it.
rcdallas
rcdallas

Back to top Go down

Post  MI-Lineman Fri Dec 07, 2012 1:21 am

Actually your not straying to far off, as a matter of fact we may be hiring now seeing how MI's one and only self proclaimed "nerd" for a governor just pulled a walker and crammed right to slaver....uh I mean work down our throats! Whip em
MI-Lineman
MI-Lineman

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum