linemantoolbox
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

One hell of a foreman

5 posters

Go down

One hell of a foreman Empty One hell of a foreman

Post  rcdallas Sat Feb 04, 2012 12:14 am

When I was coming up I was fortunate enough to have one hell of a crew foreman. Very fair and knowledgeable. Most of all very safe. Taught me how to cover and ground like it's an ART.

(learned a few jokes or two...hehe)

Preciate you buddy!

One hell of a foreman Photo113

One hell of a foreman Photo114

rcdallas
rcdallas

Back to top Go down

One hell of a foreman Empty Re: One hell of a foreman

Post  MI-Lineman Sat Feb 04, 2012 9:34 pm

harmonics wrote:When I was coming up I was fortunate enough to have one hell of a crew foreman. Very fair and knowledgeable. Most of all very safe. Taught me how to cover and ground like it's an ART.

(learned a few jokes or two...hehe)

Preciate you buddy!

One hell of a foreman Photo113

One hell of a foreman Photo114

Ever teach ya what a hood's for? Laughing

Just kiddin! jocolor

I had a few good crew leaders when I was comin up! They could be hard as hell on me but I wouldn't trade it for the world! I try and pass what they taught me on just in a little nicer way with all this "code of conduct" sh!t! Rolling Eyes

Thanx Tommy, Jack, and Gordy!! Wink
MI-Lineman
MI-Lineman

Back to top Go down

Post  rcdallas Sun Feb 05, 2012 2:47 pm

Code of conduct - yaay! I have to sign my name to it every year. Smile

AS FAR AS HOODS go; have used them but most of the time blanket/split blanket. When I was working out of a 55' bucket I always kept 3 2x2 blankets and a 2x2 split on a hook that was kept in the bucket at all times. Along with some class 0 secondary velcro rolled up and stuffed in a bag.

In my little trouble truck bucket I just keep 1 2x2 and a 2x2 split along with a couple of secondary blankets.

Hoods (I call them china man caps) take up too much room! Are nice for certain things though! What a Face

Don't know what ya'll do up there but was taught to use a split underneath a insulator pin when tying in. See some who do and some who don't - each their own!
rcdallas
rcdallas

Back to top Go down

Post  MI-Lineman Sun Feb 05, 2012 5:54 pm

harmonics wrote:Code of conduct - yaay! I have to sign my name to it every year. Smile

AS FAR AS HOODS go; have used them but most of the time blanket/split blanket. When I was working out of a 55' bucket I always kept 3 2x2 blankets and a 2x2 split on a hook that was kept in the bucket at all times. Along with some class 0 secondary velcro rolled up and stuffed in a bag.

In my little trouble truck bucket I just keep 1 2x2 and a 2x2 split along with a couple of secondary blankets.

Hoods (I call them china man caps) take up too much room! Are nice for certain things though! What a Face

Don't know what ya'll do up there but was taught to use a split underneath a insulator pin when tying in. See some who do and some who don't - each their own!

Yeah we have to blanket the arm when tyin or untyin!
MI-Lineman
MI-Lineman

Back to top Go down

Post  one shot Sun Feb 05, 2012 9:28 pm

A solid forman is the lucky way to come up. To many out there sleeping in the truck.

one shot

Back to top Go down

Post  Highplains Drifter Wed Feb 08, 2012 8:20 am

Sounds like you had some respect for your foreman, neat! It looks strange to me to see one man gloving, used to doing it with two in the primary.
Highplains Drifter
Highplains Drifter

Back to top Go down

Post  rcdallas Wed Feb 08, 2012 9:02 pm

Highplains Drifter wrote:Sounds like you had some respect for your foreman, neat! It looks strange to me to see one man gloving, used to doing it with two in the primary.

Yeah...that's the way we rolled 1 man in the primary. Now don't get me wrong it's not always 1 man up there, but it's not uncommon. I'm not saying I agree with it or not.
rcdallas
rcdallas

Back to top Go down

One hell of a foreman Empty Hoods.

Post  wtdoor67 Sat Feb 11, 2012 2:07 pm

Ever time I think of Hoods I always think of working for a rat contractor with a crazy old profane hand. Jake was the groundman and was picking up something underneath when Dale dropped a Hood on him. It hit him right on the hard hat. Jarred him pretty good and mostly made him mad. He yelled something profane I think, and Dale without missing a beat said. Gdamn you Jake. You know better than to work under me. Good laugh for me.

wtdoor67

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down