linemantoolbox
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Bargaining Safety Rep

4 posters

Go down

Bargaining Safety Rep Empty Bargaining Safety Rep

Post  EL Thu Jun 14, 2012 11:31 pm

August 1 I will begin my new job with FE. It is a six month rotating job(bargaining) and this is the second rotation(new classification) I will be one of two union safety reps for Northeastern PA. I was pleasantly surprised to find out I was chosen for the job...my supervisor, on the other hand, is gonna be short staffed with me being a "one man show" in my area as far as "meter services" goes. It should be an "adventure"...looking forward to it.

ps....1st female chosen for the job! way cool
EL
EL

Back to top Go down

Bargaining Safety Rep Empty Congrats!

Post  hotwiretamer Fri Jun 15, 2012 10:24 am

Very cool EL!

Seems you interviewed for that position quite some time ago? Or is this something different?

Way to go!
hotwiretamer
hotwiretamer

http://www.bellsellshavasu.com

Back to top Go down

Bargaining Safety Rep Empty Re: Bargaining Safety Rep

Post  topgroove Fri Jun 15, 2012 11:36 am

Nice Job Becky, your gonna love this six month gig. I think your gonna get a ton of experience and knowledge out of it. It will make you more valuable too! plus you can ask us about our work practices and how they compare.
topgroove
topgroove

Back to top Go down

Post  EL Fri Jun 15, 2012 6:46 pm

Thanks guys...

HWT, it is the same job, just the second 6 month stint...didnt make it the first time...but got drafted for the second round. The linemen all seem happy that I got it and show their support already, they do wonder though if FE is ready for my outspoken personality. It has been no secret so they ought to be....they picked the rose so I hope they are ready for the thorns. BDT

I have heard that I will have to travel to Erie for meetings with upper management(including the prez)...the guys want me to show up at the meetings on my Harley....wise asses! way cool
EL
EL

Back to top Go down

Post  MI-Lineman Sat Jun 16, 2012 12:29 am

Congrats EL! I think that's a good idea to show up on your bike so they get the wrong idea about ya (not that chicks on bikes are bad or anything!! Embarassed ) and then you knock'em dead with your intellect? Wait never mind, better drive there! affraid Laughing
EL wrote:Thanks guys...

HWT, it is the same job, just the second 6 month stint...didnt make it the first time...but got drafted for the second round. The linemen all seem happy that I got it and show their support already, they do wonder though if FE is ready for my outspoken personality. It has been no secret so they ought to be....they picked the rose so I hope they are ready for the thorns. BDT

I have heard that I will have to travel to Erie for meetings with upper management(including the prez)...the guys want me to show up at the meetings on my Harley....wise asses! way cool
MI-Lineman
MI-Lineman

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum