linemantoolbox
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Network Bank

5 posters

Go down

Network Bank Empty Network Bank

Post  Highplains Drifter Fri May 25, 2012 6:34 pm

Network Bank Aa10

This photo is a 7 ton crane being put together on the roof of a 37 story building. It is all lattice and with a 90 degree boom. It was brought up to the roof by Iron Workers in pieces through the freight elevator. It will be powered by a 480 three phase motor and will be reeved three parted. The purpose of this crane is to bring an unassembled 30 ton crane to the roof and be assembled. The purpose of all this is to change out a transformer bank that is on the 37th floor.

Network Bank Ac10

Here are two of the transformers and the third of the bank is behind me, they are 1500KVA.

Highplains Drifter
Highplains Drifter

Back to top Go down

Network Bank Empty Re: Network Bank

Post  kooman Fri May 25, 2012 7:42 pm

thats pretty cool s#$t. and i thought gettin a 25 kva pole mount through a cornfield at 2 am was alot of work. lol

kooman

Back to top Go down

Post  BATTMAN Mon May 28, 2012 12:37 pm

kooman wrote:thats pretty cool s#$t. and i thought gettin a 25 kva pole mount through a cornfield at 2 am was alot of work. lol

Thats why the have contractors. Give this to the contract crew!!!! lol! lol! Whipin
BATTMAN
BATTMAN

https://www.facebook.com/home.php?ref=hpskip

Back to top Go down

Post  rcdallas Tue Jun 05, 2012 6:58 pm

Ah ha; it's about time you put a couple of pictures up on that project. Remind me to never live on a high rise.
rcdallas
rcdallas

Back to top Go down

Post  topgroove Tue Jun 05, 2012 8:19 pm

It kinda makes sence. devide the load evenly and limit line loss. try and push secondary voltage too far and it makes problems for everyone. We have to maintain secondary voltage between 114 -125v and 228- 250... its a very narrow window in the summer when demand is at its peak.
topgroove
topgroove

Back to top Go down

Post  rcdallas Wed Jun 06, 2012 12:53 am

Hey if its 100 volts be happy you got something because it's a 100 better then zero!

I'm showing 128/128/126 when it's 91 degrees--whats likely my problem?
rcdallas
rcdallas

Back to top Go down

Post  Highplains Drifter Thu Jun 07, 2012 6:56 pm

kooman wrote:thats pretty cool s#$t. and i thought gettin a 25 kva pole mount through a cornfield at 2 am was alot of work. lol

Kooman, I have been there too, but with today’s tools I bet you have a Polaris Ranger to get to places you can not get a truck. This project has been worked on for over a year now.
Highplains Drifter
Highplains Drifter

Back to top Go down

Post  Highplains Drifter Thu Jun 07, 2012 6:59 pm

topgroove wrote:It kinda makes sence. devide the load evenly and limit line loss. try and push secondary voltage too far and it makes problems for everyone. We have to maintain secondary voltage between 114 -125v and 228- 250... its a very narrow window in the summer when demand is at its peak.

Correct, by having the transformer vault at the top of the building helps with line loss, but remember on a network System if any bank goes out no one will ever loose power. The Lights stay on 24-7!
Highplains Drifter
Highplains Drifter

Back to top Go down

Post  Highplains Drifter Thu Jun 07, 2012 7:05 pm

Network Bank O0oo10

Okay here is the 30ton crane brought to the roof in pieces and assembled at “Roof Top”

Here is a photo of one of the new transformers, they will all be “Dry Transformers” 1500 KVA, which is the new wave in Network Systems.

Network Bank Lllll10

Highplains Drifter
Highplains Drifter

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down