STAMP OUT HUNGER

View previous topic View next topic Go down

STAMP OUT HUNGER

Post  EL on Sat May 12, 2012 9:40 am

Today the Post Office is collecting donations to "stamp out hunger". It's easy...bag up some non-perishables and set out near mailbox, mailman/lady will pick them up. Food goes to food pantries. Righteous cause Smile Smile
EL

Back to top Go down

Re: STAMP OUT HUNGER

Post  Highplains Drifter on Sat May 12, 2012 12:39 pm

Good for the Post Office, they need all the help they can get. I am just as guilty, I pay all my bills electronically. I doubt if I mail one letter a month any more. I will have to gather a bag of goodies for them too!
Highplains Drifter

Back to top Go down

Post  admin on Sat May 12, 2012 1:02 pm

Bagged up some canned goods and set them out. I bet many people don't realize how hard the US post office works each and every day and how many people are employed by the post office. For all the do, not one penny in taxes is used to support them.
the entire system is self funded. I always ship US Mail, its by far the most economical way to get something delivered. The reason why they are in financial diffuculty is not because of lack of business! Its because in 2006, the lame duck session of congress drafted a bill that forced the Post office to fully fund their pension plan for the next 75 years..... Thats right. 75 years! That means employee's who have not even been born yet will have fully funded pensions. Could you imagine if Congress forced this on private corporations?

The cost to the Post office has been 5 billion each and every year. Its bleading the post office dry. there's over $40 billion in the fund right now. More than enough to fully fund the pension for next 75 years if you count the intrest accrued.

Its almost as if the GOP set out to destroy the post office and eliminate a couple million good paying jobs. Why would they do such a thing? could it be an attempt to privitise the post office? or maybe shift market share to UPS and Fedex? Maybe even get thier hands on that $40 billion? Its a sad day for America when the average joe wakes up and realizes our elected officials are all bought and paid for and mearly working behind the sceenes to destroy the working middle class. Evil or Very Mad

admin
Admin

http://linemantoolbox.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  EL on Sat May 12, 2012 2:49 pm

You guys make me proud to be your friend. You live what you talk!!

I read somewhere you can buy stickers stating "I support the US Post Office. I am making a more concerted effort to use the PO now that I see the "obstructionists" are trying to take down the PO too. The effect would be devastating for rural America and small business. I am sure their goal is to privatize it....FED EX and UPS would love that, now wouldnt they? Price of shipping would be insane.

SUPPORT THE US POST OFFICE![u][b] For those of you who didnt know, the post office is one of the few govt agencies authorized by the US Constitution...for all of you tea gaggers who spew protect the constitution but have no problem with the US post office being run into the ground. Wake the f*@k up, people.
Being forced to fund their pension plan for 75 years in advance in a ten year window is why the PO is in trouble and that is the only reason. A law not enforced on any other business....How well would your business do with that kind of mandate laid on you?

I stand with the United States Post Office and its workers!!!!!
You got me going on another topic that just enrages me......sorrry!
EL

Back to top Go down

Post  MI-Lineman on Sat May 12, 2012 8:33 pm

I too support the Post Office but dam it's Jeff Gordon's main sponsor this year!! Evil or Very Mad Oh well I guess I'll suck it up and do my part? way cool

Don't tell anyone!!

Sincerely,
#1 Dale JR. Fan Cool
MI-Lineman

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top