There gonna get someone killed over at the other site

View previous topic View next topic Go down

There gonna get someone killed over at the other site

Post  topgroove on Fri Mar 23, 2012 6:43 pm

Bren posted a picture of a metal deadend board... He thinks its the coolist thing ever. Could you imagine standing on a grounded platform doing work in the energized primary...wtf

Why not wear a hat that says hi im a series resistor. The fucking nittwits over there think its the greatist invention ever... You think theres a reason they make them out of fibre glass. I bet duckfucker orders some for his crews.
topgroove

Back to top Go down

Yea,

Post  CanadianLineman on Fri Mar 23, 2012 7:21 pm

Yea, I saw that. Perhaps liability isn't a big concern over there. There should be a disclaimer that says, "Don't try this at a North American utility because it wouldn't be close to legal."

When I started - last century - I saw lots of homemade stuff, but we didn't do very much hot work in the utility where I worked and they weren't quite as conscious of the fact that a fatality will close your company - utility or contractor - pretty quick. A decade or so ago a utility in BC had 2 fatal accidents within a month and the WCB shut down ALL hot work until everyone was re-certified. That was the same utility where I saw all the home made bakerboards and gins just 2 decades before. Now things used in the industry today had better have an engineers cert to accompany the tools or else the big "shut down" isn't far away.

I'm sure I can speak for others here that no one will post unsafe stuff here - twice. I do know, though, that the UK is very vigilant about safety, seriously so, but what works safely there is not acceptable in North America and vice versa.

Stay Safe

Ken
CanadianLineman

http://www.shotgunsbc.ca

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top