linemantoolbox
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Minutes to Safety

3 posters

Go down

Minutes to Safety Empty Minutes to Safety

Post  rcdallas Sun Feb 19, 2012 6:24 pm

Here's a good video on safety. I don't care where you work these principles apply everywhere.

rcdallas
rcdallas

Back to top Go down

Minutes to Safety Empty Re: Minutes to Safety

Post  BC_boy Mon Feb 20, 2012 12:02 am

Nice video, thanks for sharing. Applies to any sort of workplace, one thing my Dad's always telling me is to slow down, when you try and run around and do things fast that's when people get hurt.
BC_boy
BC_boy

Back to top Go down

Post  Highplains Drifter Mon Feb 20, 2012 8:40 pm

Interesting video, the first guy is on the pole by himself which I disagree on. I never back feed a transformer, he should have remove the secondary leads and then killed the transformer. I disagree with shorting up your clearance by having a hot fuse door dangling down.

The second fellow is typical of what I see with under ground lineman, They lay right on an energized cable and do not follow the rules of overhead of “If you are within reaching distance rubber up”

Compliancy is the villain in this video and working by ones self to boot
Highplains Drifter
Highplains Drifter

Back to top Go down

Post  rcdallas Mon Feb 20, 2012 11:49 pm

Highplains Drifter wrote:Compliancy is the villain in this video and working by ones self to boot

Yuup. Ever been around what I call peer pressure in relation to safety...where you call time out and another guy comes by and gives you a bunch of crap saying I've done it this way 1000 times, I'll do it. Almost trying to make you feel like your an idiot to save a couple of minutes?

rcdallas
rcdallas

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum